I like this cookie, it’s not too sweet but not too bland. It’s the less sugary than a sugar cookie. If sugar cookies are too sweet for you then you may prefer this recipe.
Soft Chewy Gluten-free Cookies
Prep Time 1hr 30mins
bake time 20 mins
total time 1hr 50mins
3 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream tarter
1 cup room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
3 room temperature eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream tarter in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand or stand mixer on low speed combine butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until dry and wet ingredients are completely blended. Refrigerate dough for about an hour or until it’s easy to handle.
- .Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll small balls of dough ( I use 1 tablespoon of dough) and place onto cookie sheet.
- With a spoon (I used a potato masher for some and my hand for some) press the dough flat to about 1/4 inch or to your desired thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and slide the entire sheet of parchment paper onto the kitchen counter and let them cool.
Original recipe can be found at http://totallytogetherjournal.com/super-soft-gluten-free-sugar-cookies/